An outdoor living space is an extension of your home. It’s a place to relax, entertain, and enjoy being outside. We’ve noticed a trend that outdoor living rooms and kitchens are growing in popularity here in New Jersey. And it makes sense. With airfare and travel costs on the rise, more people want a relaxing staycation at home. Imagine having your own backyard oasis without the hassle of traveling.
Types of Outdoor Living Spaces
There are many different outdoor living options to suit your needs. What does your family enjoy? Cooking out, watching TV, entertaining guests? It can all be done in your backyard with the right outdoor living space.
- Outdoor Living Room – An outdoor living room is more than just a patio. Built-in seating, water features, and outdoor entertainment systems create a relaxing oasis in your backyard.
- Outdoor Kitchen – Do you love cooking out? A custom outdoor kitchen creates the perfect space for grilling, barbecuing, or wood fire cooking. You might like a custom pizza oven made from natural stone or a built-in smoker for cooking meat low and slow.
- Poolside Bar – Installing a wet bar in the backyard brings outdoor entertainment to the next level. A built-in bar with a sink, cabinets, and barstools gives you everything you need for backyard parties. You can even install beer taps for kegs.
- Screened-in Porch – Imagine an outdoor living room without the mosquitos. Enjoy a covered porch in sun and rain. Installing a ceiling fan keep the porch cooler on summer days and a fireplace for cool autumn nights.
Customize your Outdoor Experience
With the right features your backyard will become your favorite room in the house. Consider the following options to make your outdoor experience truly unique.
- Lighting and Heaters – We have short Summers here in New Jersey. By adding exterior illumination and heating systems, you can enjoy your outdoor space even when the days get shorter and colder.
- Fireplace – A natural stone fireplace or fire pit provides ambiance, light, and warmth. They can be fueled with wood, propane, or charcoal.
- Outdoor TV – A professional can run wiring and install a TV in your outdoor living space. Any TV or electronic devices installed outside needs to be one specifically made for external use.
- Fish Pond – Professionally installed water feature completes the feeling of a tropical oasis in your backyard. The right water pump will help keep your pond oxygenated and clean.
Far Hills Design Build is an experienced design-builder that will work with you in selecting the perfect outdoor living space to compliment your New Custom Home, Addition and Renovation Project. Far Hills Design Build is here every step of the way. Give us a call 908-781-0777.